Monday - Saturday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Late Night and Family Free Time: Every third Saturday the museum is open until 8:00 PM and admission from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM admission is FREE.
MHCM is closed: New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
MHCM is open: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Halloween, and Veteran's Day.
Adult Admission: $8.00
Child Admission: $8.00
Museum members and children under 1 year are FREE.
Things to Know...
- Ages? The Children's Museum is designed for young children, ages 0-6, in both size and exhibition content.
- Parking? On-site parking for museum visitors is FREE.
- Coat Check? We do not have a coat check, but we do have coat hangers. Please keep valuables with you or leave them locked in your car.
- Strollers? Space is limited inside the Museum and we suggest you leave strollers in your car when possible.
- Elevator? There is no elevator to the second floor, but a few quick steps will bring you there! If stairs are not possible for you, the second floor may be easily accessed from an outside door and staff is available to assist you.
- Food? We do not have food facilities. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and beverages from home and enjoy them in our snack area.
- Smoking Policy: The Children's Museum campus is entirely non-smoking. This includes our Pavilion and parking area.
Closing and Delays
During inclement weather, please call the museum at (845) 471-0589 before arriving. You may also visit our Facebook page for real time information about snow closures and delays.